Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Review: Batman and Batgirl #21

I really hate what the New 52 has done to Batgirl. She is no longer an interesting, engaging, fun, character. Rather, everyone likes to write her so she is constantly wallowing in self-pity and blaming herself for all her family's problems. This issue was no different. Although I have complete trust in Peter J. Tomasi as an author and storyteller, I think he really screwed up this issue. Batgirl is not made interesting at all and Batman is the same angry, half-insane dad we've seen throughout this entire saga. The whole issue Batgirl is building confidence to confront Bruce. When she eventually does, it's kind of underwhelming. She is just a whiny, little, complainer who says the same thing as everyone else in the Bat-Family. I am also heartily disappointed in Patrick Gleason for have leaving after 20 issues. I want you back Pat. This new guy is crap.


No comments:

Post a Comment