Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Review: Savage Wolverine #6

My expectations couldn't have been lower. I thought that after Frank Cho's decent run on the book would just melt into the hell we like to call a team-up book. Thankfully, it did not. I found that this title continued to be high-quality (in both art and writing) and did include some characters I was glad to see.  I found this in the front of the book: "Editor's Note: This story takes place awhile back. Like, at least, before last October. So don't get all out of sorts about continuity."
Thank you Marvel! That is the kind of thing I am looking for in comics. With all of the titles on a specific character sometimes quality is compromised for how the stories connect with one another. Marvel is basically saying: "Screw making sense! We want to give our readers a good time!" And that they have. I enjoyed all of the parts Elektra starred in during this issue; but really, can you go wrong with Elektra? Answer: no. She is silent as always but plays an interesting role in bringing Wolverine into the fray. The story of the Kingpin is equally compelling. For once Wilson Fisk is not in control. Quite the opposite: he is forced to do many things that will not benefit him at all. All of the Avenger cameos in this book were thoughtful and necessary. Almost all of the book revolves around a glimpse of a scene that I presume took place in a previous Avengers title. I really despise the Avengers but thought they were written well and got some god snark and one-liners out of Logan. I can't say I understand all of the forces at play in this situation Logan has gotten himself into, but I can say with a fair deal of certainty that a little ignorance will not keep me from enjoying this arc.


No comments:

Post a Comment