Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Thanos Rising #3

A lot of people didn't enjoy the first two issues. I was not part of that group. Still, I understand why people said what they did. I do think this issue far exceeded the first two.
Thanos's life is in complete disarray. Every time he tries to settle down and start a new life he just can't do it. That is part of the reason this issue is so messed-up. All he is doing for the first third or so of the book is having children with women then forgetting them. He does join a group of Space Pirates. I heartily enjoyed watching Thanos get treated the way he did; It's ironic to see such a big, bad villain getting teased for not wanting to kill. I always love Jason Aaron and thought his writing was particularly good in this installment. He managed to give every character a voice and dialect that seemed like it fit the character. I loved the amount of inner-monologue in this issue, making it feel like a very personal Thanos story. Although the fight scene between Thanos and his abusive captain didn't make sense it was well handled and seemed organic to the story. The ending of the book was no giant shocker but still a good ending. The very last page is as disturbing and stomach-churning as they get. I hope next issue is just as good, I would love to see some characters from the rest of the Marvel Universe come into play!


No comments:

Post a Comment