Thursday, June 13, 2013

Review: Guardians of the Galaxy #3

For some reason, I just feel like nothing has gone on in this title. I really want this series to move out of this phase it's in, whatever phase that is because it isn't very interesting. The story is kind of all over the place with this issue. We see the tastefully named J-Son (I was being sarcastic) have a meltdown in front of the most powerful people in the Galaxy. Nice move Captain Wonder Name. Everyone decides their sort of sick of the guy. Of course you would only think of that now. Although I resent Steve McNivens' use of computerized art he does draw some kick-ass landscapes. All of the intergalactic hoo-ha is Star Wars-esque and quite beautifully drawn. I, however, dislike the way Mr. McNiven draws faces quite a bit. Tony Stark has a meltdown towards the beginning of the issue where he is just screaming at seemingly nothing for the Avengers to Assemble. Yeah. 'Cause that'll work Iron Man.
As we found out last issue the Guardians were imprisoned by some Baboon warship or something like that. Anyways, I kind of enjoy seeing the agents on the ship who are assigned to take all of the weapons debate over whether such "primitive" objects are considered weapons. I always like reading dialogue written by Bendis, but this isn't his best storytelling. It is nice to see the team all together at the end, especially the scenes with Groot. I will stay with this book until the next arc, but if that doesn't blow my mind I think I might be dropping it.


No comments:

Post a Comment