Monday, December 16, 2013

Pull-List 12/18/13

I know: I haven't posted in a while. You can see a lot of my recent writings on Adventures In Poor Taste if you so choose. But here we are again and I have a new feature for all you fine folk. This is what I'm looking at for this Wednesday:

The Pull-List


 All-New X-Men #20 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Brandon Peterson

After a very disappointing last issue I am a little bit hesitant to see where Brian Michael Bendis is going to take X-23. Anyway, I will be reviewing this one on AiPT, I will post the link on Wednesday.

Buzzkill #4 (of 4) (Dark Horse)
Writer/Co-Creator: Donny Cates
Artist: Geoff Shaw
Co-Creator: Mark Reznicek

A couple months back I actually got an interview with writer Donny Cates, you can check that out here. This is (sadly) the final issue of Buzzkill. Although I got a free advanced review copy of this courtesy of Dark Horse I will be picking this up in my local store just to support this incredible team. I have written a review of this issue which will be posted for your viewing pleasure come Wednesday.

Zero #4 (Image Comics)
Writer: Ales Kot
Artist: Jordie Bellaire

My review of Zero #3 (my first review of the series) was actually shared by Image on both Facebook and Twitter. I'm back to review this issue and hope it will be just as good as #3. I will be writing a review, I'll post the link on Wednesday.



Deadpool #21 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Gerry Dugan
Artist: Mike Hawthorne

Deadpool vs. S.H.I.E.L.D! I have heard great things about the current Deadpool run and want to see for myself. Unfortunately I will not be reviewing this on AiPT.
Indestructible Hulk #17.INH (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Mark Waid
Artist: Clay Mann

I'm very excited to pick this series back up after I quit a while back when Walt Simonson left. I am extremely interested in Inhumanity and expect that under the pen of Mark Waid, Bruce Banner will play an interesting part in the event.

Never Ending #2 (of 3) (Dark Horse)
Writers: Adam P. Knave and DJ Kirkbride
Artist: Robert Love

I recently got an interview with Adam and DJ, you can check that out here:

I plan to review this one as well.
Saga #17 (Image Comics)
Writer: Brian K. Vaughn
Artist: Fiona Staples

Saga. 'Nuff said.

I do not plan to review this for the site.
Thor God of Thunder #16 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ron Garney

Not entirely sold on this new storyline but still enjoying it. However, with Malekith being done so much justice in the recent Thor movie maybe Jason Aaron can turn things around. Might review it if I have time.
Umbral #2 (Image Comics)
Writer: Antony Johnston
Artist: Christopher Mitten

When Dave reviewed Umbral #1 last month he gave it a ten out of ten. I was not quite as enthusiastic about the first issue but enjoyed it nonetheless. I do not have any plans to review this issue.






X-Men #8 (Marvel Comics

Writer: Brian Wood
Artist: Muertas Part 2

Very excited to get to this one, loved it last month and plan on reviewing it again for the site.

That's it for this week folks! Tune in on Wednesday to get a total recap of my week in comics!

No comments:

Post a Comment