Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Buzzkill #4: Review on Adventures In Poor Taste

Hey Pull-List people,

I've got a cool new review up on Adventures in Poor Taste; it's of Buzzkill #4, and I loved it!



In case you haven't been following my writings about the series let me fill you in:

  • I didn't write a review of Buzzkill #1, so there is nothing to see there
  • I did, however, review Buzzkill #2, loving it so much that it was our comic of the week that week. Here's the link: Review: Buzzkill #2
  • Directly after reading this issue I requested an interview with the writer himself, Donny Cates. I was so fortunate to get an interview with him. You can see that here: Interview with Donny Cates
  • Come the next month I wrote a review for the third installment. If you want to read that: Review: Buzzkill #3
  • And finally this week, I wrote a review for the final issue; this can be found through this link: Review: Buzzkill #4
Closing thoughts:

I really loved Buzzkill, all of it's interesting and fresh characters, it's clever writing and most of all: it's emotionally driven finale. It enhanced the experience to be able to talk with Donny, he's a really great guy and an extremely promising writer. Geoff Shaw is one of my current favorite artists, and that is not without reason. His work with shading is uncanny and he carries action better than anyone in the industry. I have been extremely pleased with this series and am more than a little let down now that it's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment