Friday, April 19, 2013

Tackling the Manifest Part II

I logged back onto Marvel U and read the next three books in this mega-crossover. I have to say, I am loving this series. It shows the X-Men just how they were meant to be and Scott Summers isn't a jerk.
So, here are the next installments in my log of reading this giant storyline.

Cable #6
Writing: 9, Cyclops's point of view is rich and enticing.
Art: 8.75, both artists are great, especially the one that draws future-Cable.
Relevance to the story: 8, this does give you a good taste of what it is like for Emma and Scott, but not a must-read.
Should you read it? If you want to. I have always been a fan of the series and the character; but you could skip it if you wanted to only read the essential issues.

Secret Invasion: X-Men #1
Writing: 7.5, nothing great, but it isn't Scott Lobdell
Art: 7, just not my style.
Relevance to the story: 9, this is what is going on in Marvel at this point, it is pretty relevant.
Should you read it? Probably not. It has very little to do with Manifest Destiny.

Astonishing X-Men #26
Writing: 9, Warren Ellis rocks Wolverine.
Art: 8.75, I am really enjoying Simone Bianchi's art.
Relevance to the story: 10, this introduces Ghost Boxes which are essential to Manifest Destiny.
Should you read it? YES! It is a quality comic and near-essential to the storyline.

So that is the bout of reading I did this morning, along with the first three Wolverine and the X-Men issues. Keep checking this out, I hope it inspires you to read this storyline too.

No comments:

Post a Comment