Monday, January 6, 2014

Sam's Pull-List 1/8/14

After all of that holiday madness of little-to-no comics I am back with a new week of comics and reviews. Here's what I'm looking at for this Wednesday:

All-New X-Factor #1 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Peter David
Artist: Carmine Di Giandomenico

All-New Marvel NOW! and the first new #1 from the X-Men line. Very excited for this one, especially because I have never read much X-Factor. I will definitely be reviewing this on Adventures In Poor Taste.


 Daredevil Dark Nights #8 (of 8) (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Jimmy Palmiotti
Artist: Thony Silas

The end of a wonderful Daredevil series. Although I will not be writing about it, I will be enjoying it.



 Deadpool #22 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Gerry Duggan
Artist: Mike Hawthorne

After a really offbeat and somewhat confusing last issue I am less than thrilled for Deadpool #22. I will not be writing about this title but I will still pick it up.
Drumheller #3 (Image Comics)
Writer: Riley Rossmo
Artist: Riley Rossmo

Although my fellow reviewer Jordan does not agree with me, I have been loving the craziness of Drumheller. Let's see what Jordan thinks of this issue as it's his turn to review it. I am very excited to see how the story continues and am hungry for more of Rossmo's gorgeous art.
Fantomex Max #4 (of 4) (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Andrew Hope
Artist: Shawn Crystal

And thus concludes yet another Marvel mini! I haven't been crazy about this 4 issue series but have really enjoyed how fun and energetic it was. Looking forward to a killer ending.


Halo Escalation #2 (Dark Horse Comics)
Writer: Chris Schlerf
Artist: Michael Atiyeh

I hadn't realized until I saw the description in the freebie list, but Halo is ongoing! I am really pumped to begin following an ongoing Halo comic as I think this creative team in particular can do great things with the universe. I will be reviewing this for AiPT.

Review of #1: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2013/12/11/is-it-good-halo-escalation-1-review/
Manifest Destiny #3 (Image Comics)
Writer: Chris Dinges
Artist: Mathew Roberts

This series is seriously intense! With a killer cliffhanger at the end of #2 I have been waiting ever so patiently for this issue. I will not be reviewing this comic, but you bet your sweet bippy I'll be buying it!

Savage Wolverine #14.NOW (Marvel Comics)
Writer and Artist: Richard Isanove

The first issue of Savage Wolverine in All-New Marvel NOW!, and I am so ready for it! I only got a two page preview of this book but savored every panel. I will be reviewing this book on Adventures in Poor Taste and will link you when I do so!


The Walking Dead #119 (Image Comics)
Writer: Robert Kirkman
Artist: Charlie Adlard

All Out War carries on. Blah. I probably won't review this site, unless Image figures out how to get the press copies out. I am excited by the description, however. "The war comes home" sounds pretty ominous.











So that's it! What are you getting this week? What do or don't you like about this list? Leave it all in the comments!

Images courtesy of Comixology pull-list app.

No comments:

Post a Comment