Monday, January 13, 2014

Sam's Pull-List 1/15/14

X-Men, X-Men, X-Men this week with three different titles coming out from the same family. Other than that we have a good deal of other Marvel books and some assorted Image titles. Let's get to it!


All-New X-Men #21 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Brandon Peterson

First up we have All-New X-Men in its last issue pre-relaunch. A wrap-up of this super dry and boring arc, this issue really has to bring it. Although I'm not super pumped to check out this issue, I will read it and review it.
Amazing X-Men #3 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Ed McGuinness

Beast mode! Absolutely can not wait for Amazing X-Men #3 to drop. There are so many storylines that have to be resolved and so many potential storylines not yet started. I will be writing about Amazing X-Men #3 on Wednesday.

Marvel Knights: Hulk #2 (of 4) (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Joe Keatnige
Artist: Piotr Kowalski

Marvel Knights: Hulk #1 was pretty damn good, naturally I'm inclined to buy this next issue. I will not be writing about this on AiPT.



Night of the Living Deadpool #1 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Cullen Bunn
Artist: Ramon Rosanas

I didn't know it was a quad-rilogy... Cullen Bunn is back with yet another Deadpool mini! And if the first three were at all like this one will be, I can't wait!











Rat Queens #4 (Image Comics)
Writer: J. Kurtis Wiebe
Artist: Roc Upchurch

Rat Queens has been a lot of fun so far, how does this first story arc wrap-up? Although I have written about Rat Queens in the past, I will not be putting up a review this week, I'm just so swamped with other reviews, like...


Skyman #1 (Dark Horse Comics)
Writer: Joshua Hale Fialkov
Artist: Manuel Garcia

Skyman! No idea what this is going to be like, but I snatched it for review. I will be reviewing it, and if I so desire talking to the writer, Joshua Hale Fialkov.

Thor: God of Thunder #17 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Jason Aaron
Artist: Esad Ribic

Meh, not totally loving this book right now. Last we checked in with Thor, things were escalating pretty slowly, without any of the magic of the God Butcher story. I'm excited to see the end of Malekith's involvement with this book.

Triple Helix #4 (of 4) (IDW Publishing)
Writer and Artist: John Byrne

What a strange way to end the series! No spoilers: but it's insane! I have already written about this one, although I didn't love it.










Uncanny X-Men #16 (Marvel Comics)
Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Chris Bachalo

Love the title and the team, psyched for Uncanny! I will be writing a review for this comic!













That's it for me this week! My total comes to $34.42, $27.54 with my store's subscriber discount and $19.15 with all of my Indie books for free!

What are you getting this week? Leave me a list in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment